Saturday, March 2, 2013

Virtual Stamp Night

Oh, how I love Splitcoast Stampers! Every so often they arrange a "Virtual Stamp Night". The latest was yesterday evening and all day today (Theme: Bugs, Birds & Butterflies). Well, I didn't manage any challenges last night, and today I was flying solo with the boys all day while Stew worked, so I only got to start at 7pm. But it was still loads of fun & I love the cards I made!

MAR13VSNL was a challenge to use things beginning with B. Well, I included a few. How many can you count? :D

I had Jacob "helping" me with this one (cue lots of random small pieces of cardstock all over the floor). The stamp of the zeppelin (though it could also be called a Blimp!) is from Moving Forward, the Ronald MacDonald House set in the current SU! catalogue. Love, love, LOVE that set.

MAR13VSNM asked for a scene inspired by the rhyme "Incey Wincey Spider", incorporating some kind of weather, and a bug:

Shockingly that one isn't SUO, it isn't even close. Whenever I'm using stamps from another company, I always pair them with SU!'s cardstock, ink & accessories. They're just awesome quality and I wouldn't be without them!

MAR13VSNN emphasised that bugs aren't just for boys! The challenge was to make a girly, blinged up bug card:

Believe it or not, this was my SECOND attempt at heat embossing, and it still messed up. I ran out of time & couldn't do it again so I'll aim to fix it another time! I also used my precious stash of textured paper here... UPSIDE DOWN!!! The texture just doesn't show up well!

MAR13VSNO asked for the Cracked Glass Technique. And I gave up! I am too tired tonight to be running back and forth from the freezer... :D

With a bit of luck and a following wind, I might be able to get a few more challenges done tomorrow. But I have to say, there's nothing like doing them live!



4 comments:

  1. I like the BOLD colors and images!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bright, bold baby card! So so cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are terrific! What fun you had!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I have not been around much lately...
    Lots of great looks here - I especially like the bright sunshine/butterfly!

    ReplyDelete