Friday, January 18, 2013

A new project... This one's a biggie!

Ever since we moved across town in October, we've been struggling to make our furniture work in the new house. See, the trouble is, we bought all the furniture over the course of just a few days when we had just arrived here in the States, and we bought it specifically to fit in our old house. Having moved to a place with a totally different layout, it doesn't quite work.

This weekend, Compton, MD's Vintage Source is open. We're huge fans and had hoped to pick up some kind of sideboard for the living room. However! I'd picked up a coffee table for $10 earlier this week and, flushed with my impending success, decided to check out my local Habitat for Humanity first.

I picked up this monster of a sideboard for $10. It needs quite a lot of TLC, probably professional TLC, but we're going to give it a whirl. I just love anything mid century style and this is actually right up my street! (each to his own, right?) and at the end of the day, it's pretty hard to beat $10.

I'll post the coffee table tomorrow. I'm just waiting for the legs to dry & get a final coat done in daylight tomorrow. It's very exciting!

1 comment:

  1. I can see real potential here, Bexx. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete