Tuesday, January 3, 2012

NYR 2012

My New Year's Resolution this year is to make $100... that'd be about $100 more than 2011 then!

I have various plans afoot, like perhaps trying to pick up a bit of tutoring, but the idea closest to my heart is to make a bit of money through stamping.

The first phase is to try a bit of selling on my Etsy shop. I have done this in the past, with a little success, but since then I feel like my designs have gotten better, and I think I'll also find it easier selling from the US. In any case, I need to wait until my work permit arrives (fingers crossed for soon - I submitted my application in October!).

The second phase is to add my name to Stew's on the Stampin' Up demonstratorship and think about getting a DBWS (a Stampin' Up website & shop). Stew signed up to get the discount on my behalf but I believe in SU's product so much that I'd like to have a go at being a bit more active.

Finally - the tutoring. Probably the most potentially lucrative, but I really don't know where to start!

So, what have I done so far? Well, I have purchased 10 photo mailers from another Etsy seller in order to put my toe in the water. Most places I found only wanted huge orders, but I found this shop to be pretty reasonable. Obviously, you pay less per envelope if you buy more, but I don't want to drown in envelopes to start off with!

Next up is a project with Stew to build a "light tent" using this tutorial. So tomorrow I am aiming to purchase Bristol Board (???) and a desk lamp with a daylight bulb.

Incidentally I haven't yet produced any cards to put in the shop but when I'm ready, I'll swing into action!

No comments:

Post a Comment