Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend...

...is one of the RARE holidays Stew actually gets here in the USA. Plus it's when all the outdoor pools open here in SoMD... fabulous. Have swum the last two days, it is such fun to swim with Jacob in the sunshine!

Card making has been a bit hit and miss, I really liked the "Goddess Lamp" card I did (100.8) that I tried another with the same paper and another Becky Fleck sketch:

I think I would have liked this a lot more if I'd matted the DSP once more. Or... who knows. I'll find someone to send it to though!

Supplies for 100.9 - Hoover Bow: Pool Party, Calypso Coral and Whisper White cardstock, Domestic Goddess DSP, Pool Party ruffled ribbon, large scalloped circle and 1.75" circle punches, Itty Bitty Banners stamp set and Bitty Banners framelits, Basic Jewels: Rhinestones, Calypso Coral and Basic Grey ink.

Then I realised I have 4 days to do 3 Christmas cards for CCC12 - not normally a problem but when you're sloping off to the outdoor pool it can be a bit tricky to get in the right mindset. However I really wanted to get the Domestic Goddess DSP off my desk after 100.9 (something isn't right about it and I wanted to do something different!) so I made this:





Really like how the string "tying" the mittens together came out - I freehand drew it and this is NOT a strength of mine. Whenever I use markers to ink up a stamp it goes a bit wrong, I think I need to season my stamps better. Anyway, judicious application of the blender pen usually helps!

I am also pleased with managing to use some of my Scallop Dot ribbon. I really liked the concept, but some of the dots aren't quite dead centre (only a fuss pot control freak like me would care) so I don't use it much. Anyway - flipping it over solves that problem AND the issue of white dots, vanilla paper (see, told you I was a control freak!).

Anyway I shall stop rambling on and get to the...

...Supplies for 100.10- Merry Mittens: First Edition (current) and Jolly Holiday (retired) DSP, Chock-full of Cheer stamp set (new!), Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler cardstock, Cherry Cobbler scallop dot ribbon, Basic Black inkpad, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Basic Black markers. Oh, and the aforementioned blender pen!
 




2 comments:

  1. Lol, I wouldn't use ribbon with white dots on vanilla cardstock either! So you're not alone :)

    Cute cards today! I love what you did with the Domestic Goddess DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards today! I love all the DSP you used, glad to see you putting a dent in the DSP stash. After you said that yesterday, it really pushed me to start looking for ways to incorporate more of it into my projects.

    ReplyDelete