Friday, May 25, 2012

Two more...

Didn't get a huge amount of stamping time today but I still cranked two cards out for 100in100!





100.7 - Wish I'd switched the positions of the armchair & side table but hey- that can be another card for the challenge! I think I need to ground the green armchair somewhere too, it was my original plan to mat the card in Gumball Green to coordinate but the Marina Mist just looked so yummy with the Midnight Muse that I couldn't resist. Anyway - just a shout out for "Little Additions", not just a baby set.

Supplies: Little Additions and Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp sets, Gumball Green, Soft Suede, Marina Mist and Midnight Muse ink, Marina Mist satin ribbon, Whisper White, Soft Suede and Midnight Muse cardstock.

After making 100.7 I realised that if I carried on making CAS cards like it I'd never make any headway with my retired DSP! So I got out my "Ideas File" and looked up some card sketches from Becky Fleck's FABULOUS CardMaps.

100.8 - I think I'll make a few more of these as I am really pleased with how it turned out. I am so sad the "House and Home" set retired - I loved it but I was clearly in a minority as it only survived a year!

Supplies: Domestic Goddess DSP (retiring 31st May!), House and Home and Delightful Dozen stamp sets, Calypso Coral baker's twine, Calypso Coral, Basic Gray, Pool Party and Whisper White cardstock, Pool Party and Basic Gray inks. Scalloped Edge border punch. Postage stamp die - unknown. Mystery die in drawer!

Took me a while to upload these as my lovely neighbour Beau managed to sever our internet line this afternoon whilst digging trenches for his irrigation system. Not to worry, all fixed now!

I am now chillaxing a la David Cameron with a glass of Chardonnay. I tried very hard to get my usual Pinot Grigio but our local liquor store / off licence only had Moscato (?), Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay. Booo! I get a craving for white wine about once a year so I was a bit disappointed!


2 comments:

  1. I like the colors you chose for 100.7, very calming.

    And 100.8 would make a wonderful set of cards to give a gift, plus you'd tick a few more off the 100 Challenge!

    Nice job today!

    Wine sounds good. I think I'll go down and open a bottle. I like the Moscato. It's sweet. So it's good really cold on a hot day...Okay, gotta go find the wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See now sweet wine is BAD IMHO which is why I struggled at the liquor store!

      Delete