Sunday, August 5, 2012

CAS Clouds mark II

The challenge on CAS-ual Fridays this week is projects including things you would find in the sky. As you know I love clouds, so this was a doozy...

See the neon? Love it... This is a similar card to one I did a while ago, so if you think it looks familiar, that might be why! However this time I clustered everything at the bottom, cut the card 1/4" narrower so that the sentiment strip could hang over the edge slightly, and used Neon Yellow (Hero Arts).

The raised clouds are made from 4 layers of white cardstock die cut and stuck together, I then sponged the edges with Neon Yellow ink and added my final layer of the embossed cloud. The chevron pattern on the sentiment strip is from Lawn Fawn (Chevron Backdrops), and the sentiment itself is Papertrey Ink's Up, Up and Away Sentiments. Finally, I used my Stampin' Up embossing folder, and the clouds are cut using PTI's cloud dies. One last thing to note - I used Basic Grey ink rather than Basic Black as the BB looked too harsh.

Hope you like it!

8 comments:

  1. Bexx, this is just darling! I love the neon yellow and the adorable stacked clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card-love the texture on the clouds! and neon ink-must get me some of that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fun neon yellow really brings your clouds to life! Love all the piled on layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sunshine seems to be peeking out from behind the clouds! I like the layout. And the texture on the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every cloud has a neon lining eh??? what a fun idea, love your card :0)
    Thanks for getting crafty with us at CASual Fridays :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Between the texture, layers and highlighting your clouds look like they are drifting across the page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those yellow chevrons behind the textured clouds and the added color behind the clouds was a fab idea :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see the neon and it is awesome! I love the texture in those clouds! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete