Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Quick Chrimbo

I had done four Christmas cards (towards my target of 6/mo) and spotted Limeade and Gumball Green scraps on my desk. As you may know, Jacob isn't the only one in our family who LOVES green. So I knocked a quick card together from mainly scraps.

Colours are Real Red, Gumball Green, Lucky Limeade, Chocolate Chip, and that fabulous Champagne Glimmer Paper again. I just love "En Francais" background stamp - it works for loads of different occasions. I love it stamped in Real Red on Very Vanilla cardstock as here. In case you are wondering what ribbon I used, it's Scallop Dot Ribbon in Chocolate Chip. Because the dots are Whisper White, and I used a Very Vanilla card, I flipped it over to the plain side. It's like a BOGOF!

I usually make my Christmas cards in pairs - really, you might as well. :D Once you've cut your card base, you've automatically got two. It really doesn't take much longer to knock another one out!

6 comments:

  1. I tend to make cards in pairs too-such a timesaver! My little guy's name is Corbin and we've started rice cereal and recently-bananas, which he really loves. Great use of scraps to make a wonderful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The background stamp is gorgeous! I am so guilty of having a whole bunch of card bases laying around! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love that background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty Christmas card, I love the glitter paper star!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your glittery star with its tiny merry tag!! Super cute, Bexx!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very original use for that background stamp. I've never seen it stamped in red for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete