Sunday, July 15, 2012

Apron Strings Challenges!




Another three Apron Strings challenges... Lori has some awesome challenges going at the moment and fabulous prizes.

This one was inspired by this picture and colour combination. I am absolutely not a purple person so this was really hard for me! I am pleased with the results though.



I've also used that die cut-out trick from Stretch Your Stamps too, just to give the card a little extra something. And I inked up the butterflies a new way (for me!). I squidged some Elegant Eggplant and Wisteria Wonder inks onto my Teflon craft sheet, then spritzed it with Perfect Pearls mist. Then I inked up the stamp. It was pretty watery but I kind of like the splodgy results. (So many technical terms today, I hope you're keeping up!)

100.89



OK Next up -


 Looking at the inspiration picture again, I realise I went slightly "off-topic" on this one. My computer is nowhere near my craft stuff so I do challenges from memory. And for some bizarre reason I was sure there was a cobalt blue in this one! Oooops. Anyway!

100.90






This one is also ticking the Stretch Your Stamps sentiments day box! I just LOVE that sentiment.

Last and most definitely least for the Apron Strings challenges this week (I am not a fan of this one, I think it's the green!) - but first look at the inspiration:


As Lori says, "White space is a good thing". Not green space. Oh well:

100.91



Looking at it now, perhaps my Corner Chomper would help at the top. I think it is beyond redemption but it's worth a shot!








3 comments:

  1. Three wonderful cards!! There are two very talented cross-stitchers in my family (not me) and green is my favorite colors so I love the last one best! Beautiful work on all, Bexx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Those are really beautiful cards and I'm so glad you're playing along with the Apron Strings challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful. . .I'm a lilac fan, so the first card is gorgeous. I love the blue with the orange. And the dreaded green one - I love green, but for you, maybe it's just because it's more subdued than the first two both in color and design. Whatever the reason. . .fantastic all around! Thanks for coming to play.

    Come back this week!! First one's up. ;)

    ReplyDelete