Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My favourite card in a while...

The last sketch in Day One of the CAS card class (clearly this is going to take me SIGNIFICANTLY longer than specified!) was one that didn't initially excite me in any way. I almost skipped over it! But then I had an idea and decided to give it a whirl.

100.45:

Again, the photograph is baaad but I think you get the idea. It really POPS in real life. I am gutted because I gave away my second set of SAB ribbon, and I have run out of the Lucky Limeade variety. I would have liked to do another of these in Limeade! Oh well.

Love the sketch so much that I am working on this month's Christmas cards (part of the Christmas Card Challenge) using it. So at the moment there are 8 cards on my desk waiting for me to complete. Will post those soon which will take me over the 50 mark... wooo!

Supplies for 100.45: Basic Black and Very Vanilla cardstock, Basic Black and Calypso Coral ink, Black grosgrain ribbon, Calypso Coral organdy (?) ribbon from Sale-a-Bration, Antique brad, First Edition DSP, Teeny Tiny Wishes and Triple Treat Flower stamps.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I'm glad you tried the sketch. Your card turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete