On Wednesday I arranged to go over to Lovely Heather's house to play with her new SU! stuff. I haven't yet ordered from the new catalogue due to 100in100 so it was a nice treat to be able to play with some stuff. However, neither of us seemed to be in the right place creatively, and we kept having disaster after disaster.
My first disaster was coming along really nicely, it was a fab snowman built from the Stylin' Snowfolk set, then I decided the snow scape I'd created needed glitter. Well. Heather didn't have the Dazzling Diamonds gluey glitter so I decided to attempt to use Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds glitter. First off the CE glooped everywhere so I tried to spread it out, pretty unsuccessfully, but I thought I could make it work so I sprinkled it with glitter only to discover it wasn't actually glitter, it was embossing powder. Phooey. So basically I just made a huge mess.
Second disaster was using the wonderful new Pleasant Poppies background stamp. I am not good with background stamps generally but what I usually do is Dotto the piece I want to stamp inside the lid of the background stamp's clamshell, ink up the stamp, put it image side up inside the clamshell, close the lid and rub. Works a treat. However Heather had bought Pleasant Poppies in clear mount so that wasn't an option. Needless to say I made a total mess of about 3 cards then got a good image, and proceeded to ruin it by having a Bexx brainwave which wasn't a good idea. At all.
I wanted to play with Heather's paper piercing templates so I got those out. First time I used them I managed to get them all wonky donkey somehow so I tried again. I am not thrilled with this card but it was the best of a bad bunch!
Supplies for 100.39: Raspberry Ripple, Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, Whisper White, Crumb Cake cardstock, White baker's twine, Raspberry Ripple stitched satin ribbon, Apothecary Accents framelits, Raspberry Ripple DSP, Tea Shoppe and Made for You stamp sets, Fancy Fan embossing folder.